Take AWN's exclusive survey on working women in Atlanta. Where do we live? What kind of jobs do we have? How do we spend our free time? Read More
Channel 2's Monica Pearson has interviewed hundreds of celebrities for "Monica's Closeups" during her thirty-seven years at Channel 2. Read More
Join us as we raise scholarship funds for students and salute four prominent leaders: Monica Pearson, Mr. Carl Ware and Dr. Reatha Clark King. Read More
5 Steps to Becoming a Nonprofit Media Relations Expert
No nonprofit organization enjoys hearing, "You're the best little secret in the city!"
Even if your organization doesn't have media relations yet, you can start by being proactive, organized and prepared. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Find an angle (determine your content). Use current events to craft your own message. Chances are, local media are already hunting for stories along these lines - give them some content of your own. Once you determine your angle, you can wrap what you want the community to know around the tie-in.
- Craft your press release. Consider offering tips that tie-in to your selected angle. Weather safety tips during frigid temperatures would be a handy tie-in if your mission is to provide safe housing options for homeless teens. Even if your release is something like a grant announcement - make it intriguing by adding statistics and relevant quotes. Regardless of your release topic, keep it as short as possible.
- Pitch to local media. Keep your pitch short. Catchy headline, and don't forget to utilize the power of teasers. SIDE NOTE: Storytelling is the best way to spread your message.
- Follow-up. You'll likely receive better response via Twitter than any other direct contact follow-up method!
- Follow-through. Never Turn Down a Media Opportunity! To be considered a reliable industry expert who can be called upon for future story opportunities, you must make follow-through a priority!
[Remember: 30 percent of Atlanta Daybook's audience are local media professionals. Post your release here, then pitch it directly yourself as a story idea to local media contacts.]
"When you're talking to the media, be a well, not a fountain."
- Michael Deaver
Atlanta Daybook Gets the Word Out!
Easy Press Release Distribution Includes:
Online, Email, Search, Social & Newsfeeds.
Atlanta Daybook helps nonprofits engage local community influencers around stories and events.
Daybook helps you present your story to the community, and then helps the community share that story across social platforms!
Career Opportunity Highlights:
Companies may submit opportunities to email@example.com. Career Listings are Free of Charge - and are best used for open positions in Communications, Marketing, Media, PR, or Social.
Senior Director, Global Business Services Management & Transformation| Kimberly Clark [Learn More]
Change Transformation Expert Practitioner | North Highland [Learn More]
Event Marketing Manager | InComm [Learn More]
Social Media Writer | WebMD [Learn More]
Senior Relationship Manager (Financial Institutions) | Kabbage [Learn More]
Senior Online Producer | Emory University [Learn More]
Associate Director of News and Information | Emory University [Learn More]
Manager Public Affairs, Internal Communications | Cox Communications [Learn More]
Senior Specialist, Digital Communications | American Cancer Society [Learn More]
Development Coordinator | International Rescue Committee [Learn More]
Marketing/Promotions Managers | Cox Media Group Radio [Learn More]
Web and Graphic Designer | The BOSS Group [Learn More]
Graphic Designer, Full-Time | Fernbank Museum [Learn More]
Social Media Photographer | The Burnette Agency [Learn More]
Freelance Account Supervisor | Ogilvy Public Relations [FILLED]
Community Engagement Manager | Nardone Consulting Group [Learn More]
Digital Data Analyst | Hearst Magazines [FILLED]
Program Manager, Logistics | Google [Learn More]
ROLES FILLED RECENTLY THROUGH A DAYBOOK JOB POSTING
Field Marketing Specialist
Senior Director Communications
Social Media Manager
Follow us and receive the LinkedIn postings as soon as we receive them from Atlanta Companies.
Who We Are
The Daybook Network platform offers low-cost, simple and ultra-efficient news, event and press release promotion via email and across all our social channels.