Take AWN's exclusive survey on working women in Atlanta. Where do we live? What kind of jobs do we have? How do we spend our free time? Read More
Channel 2's Monica Pearson has interviewed hundreds of celebrities for "Monica's Closeups" during her thirty-seven years at Channel 2. Read More
Join us as we raise scholarship funds for students and salute four prominent leaders: Monica Pearson, Mr. Carl Ware and Dr. Reatha Clark King. Read More
Memorial Day - A Day for Remembrance
Here are some facts you may not have known about this holiday that traditionally marks the start-of-summer:
- Originally titled Decoration Day in the 1880s, soldiers would decorate graves of their fallen comrades with flowers, flags and wreaths. The holiday wouldn't legally become Memorial Day until 1967.
- Estimate of the number of people who will be traveling this Memorial Day holiday: 37.2 Million
- TV Viewers of the National Memorial Day Parade: 1.5 Million. Put on since 2005, the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, D.C. marks the largest of its kind in the U.S., and should easily attract 250,000 live spectators. It starts at 2 p.m. Monday, May 25.
- In December 2000, Congress passed a law requiring Americans to pause at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day to remember and honor the fallen.
- In addition to the national holiday, nine states officially set aside a day to honor those who died fighting for the Confederacy in the Civil War: Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and Georgia. The days vary, but only Virginia observes Confederate Memorial Day on the last Monday of May, in accordance with the federal observance of Memorial Day.
(Time & Christian Science Monitor)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
- Mark Twain
Atlanta Daybook Gets the Word Out!
Easy Press Release Distribution Includes:
Online, Email, Search, Social & Newsfeeds.
Daybook helps you present your story to the community, and then helps the community share that story across social platforms!
Career Opportunity Highlights: (Companies may submit opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested individuals should click on the links below to review the requirements.)
Integrated Marketing Communications Manager | Kimberly-Clark [Learn More]
Marketing Manager | McKesson [Learn More]
Senior Event Planner | McKesson [Learn More]
Content Management Specialist (Remote) | McKesson [Learn More]
Content Management Team Specialist | Georgia Aquarium [Learn More]
Senior Manager Public Relations | Georgia Aquarium [Learn More]
Assistant Director | Atlanta Press Club [Learn More]
Director, Marketing | MedAssets [Learn More]
Director Digital Marketing | NewellRubbermaid [Learn More]
Senior Director Communications | Boys & Girls Clubs of America [Learn More]
Chief Programs Officer | Welcoming America [Learn More]
Digital Content Producer |Cox Media Group (Atlanta Journal Constitution) [Learn More]
Specialist, Social Media | American Cancer Society [Learn More]
PR & Social Media Manager | Birch Communications [Learn More]
Digital Account Manager - Oldcastle Retail [Learn More]
PR Senior Account Manager | mRELEVANCE [Learn More]
Follow us and receive the LinkedIn postings as soon as we receive them from Atlanta Companies.
Who We Are
Atlanta Daybook is a comprehensive online press distribution product that creates more local engagement for stories published through the Daybook Network platform.
Atlanta Daybook reaches thousands of local business professionals: 70% are corporate and nonprofit business professionals in Atlanta, 30% are media professionals-representing over 90% of Atlanta's media outlets (reporters, anchors, producers, show hosts, assignment editors, bloggers).
Still have questions? We can help! Email us or call us (770.671.0213).
We can work with you to combine different elements of our products and services to meet your business goals.