Release Date: 12.21.2008 | Location: Downtown/ Midtown /Buckhead | Organization: Atlanta Business Media
Atlanta Woman announces its 2009 WOW Women
Who is a WOW woman? She is a woman who is in the pipeline of corporations and nonprofits; she has not reached the pinnacle of her professional career but is climbing the corporate ladder one rung at a time. Her career is on a trajectory upwards and she has been identified by her company as a future leader. She is a Woman on the Way.
The 2009 Women on the Way are:
- Judy G. Agerton, AT & T, Executive Director
- Linda Booker, IDI, Senior Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
- Alisa Pittman Cleek, Elarbee, Thompson, Sapp & Wilson LLP, Partner
- Kelly Dolan, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Executive Director
- Johnita P. Due, CNN Worldwide, Assistant General Counsel & Diversity Council Chair
- Kathryn L. Harris, Aon Consulting, Vice President, Health & Benefits
- Michelle Jones, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Atlanta, Vice President of Counseling
- Christina E. Lennon, Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation, Executive Director
- Leslie E. McCoy, Atlanta Life Financial Group, Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
- Penny McIntyre, The Coca-Cola Company, Senior Vice President General Manager Functional Beverages
- Joanne McKinney, Rosser International, Inc., Architect
- Marynell Meadors, Atlanta Dream (WNBA), Head Coach and General Manager
- Tania Narula, SunTrust Banks Inc., Vice President, Strategic Sourcing
- Nikki Nickerson, LexisNexis, Director, Audit and Compliance
- Cynthia Per-Lee, Delta Airlines, Vice President of Talent, Diversity and Field Human Resources
- Georgette A. Porter, American Cancer Society, South Atlantic Division, Senior Vice President, Georgia
- Louise Scott, Georgia Power Company, Director Customer Care Center
- Frances Maria Sheffield, Burr & Forman LLP, Associate
- Yunyoung Shin, KPMG LLP, Senior Manager
- Jill Spielberger, Buck Consultants, Principal, Market Leader
On January 13, 2009, Atlanta Woman will honor and celebrate these 20 Woman on the Way with an awards luncheon held at the Georgia Aquarium. Also at the ceremony, Monica Pearson will be celebrated as Atlanta Woman's 2009 Power Woman of the Year for her professional and civic achievements.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.atlantawomanmag.com.
About Atlanta Woman -- Atlanta Woman magazine offers Atlanta's only magazine, Web site and events designed exclusively for professional and civic-minded women in all stages of their corporate or entrepreneurial careers. With an interactive Web site, 6 issues of the magazine and 17 signature events per year, Atlanta Woman provides resources designed to educate, shape, inform and showcase the best of women in Atlanta.
Source: Atlanta Woman magazine
For further information, please contact:
Marketing Manager, Atlanta Woman
Contact Name: Jeffrey Willis
Company: Atlanta Business Media