Release Date: 11.29.2010 | Location: All Metro Atlanta | Organization: PRSA|GA
Dec. 2 Chapter Meeting - Inside Coca-Cola's Social Media Strategy: Expedition 206
Why & how the world's #1 brand lets consumers communicate its message
Beginning in January 2010, three "happiness ambassadors" – chosen by online voters worldwide – began an unprecedented journey to all 206 countries where Coca-Cola is sold. Their mission is to seek out "what makes people happy" around the world and share their findings with the rest of the world through YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, blog postings, and other social media.
Join Anne Carelli, The Coca-Cola Company’s Senior Communications Manager for Digital, at the December PRSA|GA meeting where she will share the strategy behind "Expedition 206: Happiness Goes Around," Coca-Cola’s unique social media experiment just weeks before the year-long program is scheduled to conclude at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta on December 31.
Carelli will discuss:
- Why Coca-Cola believes its consumers own the brand, and how that philosophy guides their social media strategy
- How to pick an emotion that matches your product and leverage it through social media
- How the "Expedition 206" campaign blurs the traditional lines and roles between PR and marketing
- How PR can use the authenticity, transparency and accountability of social media
- The impact of "Expedition 206" on the future of social media campaigns
Thursday, December 2
Registration - 11:30
Lunch & Program - Noon - 1 p.m.
Location: Maggiano's restaurant - Buckhead
Click here for meeting details and to register: https://www.prsageorgia.org/events/calendar-of-events/December-2010-Monthly-Meeting/
Contact Name: Denise Grant