Release Date: 09.22.2015 | Location: All Metro Atlanta | Organization: TEDxPeachtree 2015
Annual Brain Spa Conference TEDxPeachtree Announces 2015 Speakers
Thinkers, Doers, Artists and Story-tellers Explore Ripple Effect TEDx Style
The TEDxPeachtree team unveils its august roster of 2015 speakers. In its seventh year, TEDxPeachtree 2015 will once again combine dynamic speakers with quality networking and interactive activities. From aging in place to creativity and innovation, startups to social justice, this edition of TEDxPeachtree promises a day of discovery, inspiration and unique experiences.
Curated from Georgia and beyond, this year’s speakers include Georgia Tech professor and A.I. specialist Andrea L. Thomaz who was named to Popular Science Magazine’s Brilliant 10 list in 2012, music producer and Smithsonian Hip-Hop Anthology curator Glenn “Daddy-O” Bolton who helped launch the careers of Mary J Blige, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Queen Latifah and Emory outpatient psychotherapy program director Jennice Vilhauer, who developed Future Directed Therapy (FDT)®.
2015 Presenter Roster [full bios here]
- Jordan Amadio, senior resident physician at Emory University’s Department of Neurosurgery and co-founder of NeuroLaunch, the world’s first neuroscience startup company accelerator.
- Jenay Beer, director of the Assistive Robotics and Technology Lab at the University of South Carolina and associate director of Usability for SmartHOME, a South Carolina Smart State Center of Economic Excellence.
- Glenn “Daddy-O” Bolton, music producer and curator for the official Smithsonian Hip-Hop Anthology.
- Kirk Bowman, professor, associate chair and the Jon R. Wilcox Term Professor in Soccer and Global Politics in the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs at Georgia Tech.
- Eric Dozier, founder of the Young People's Freedom Song Initiative and director of Arts and Education for One Human Family Music Workshops, Inc.
- Galo, physical educator and creator of The Movement Project.
- Ayodele Heath, spoken word artist.
- Brian Magerko, associate professor of Digital Media and head of the Adaptive Digital Media (ADAM) Lab at Georgia Tech
- Chris McCord, director at Moving in the Spirit.
- Jill Perry-Smith, associate professor at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School.
- Jennice Vilhauer, assistant professor at Emory University’s School of Medicine and director of the Outpatient Psychotherapy Program at Emory Healthcare.
- Robert Wright, professor and chair of the Criminal Justice and Criminology Department in the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University.
Date: November 13, 2015
Time: 9 AM – 4:15 PM
Where: Ferst Center for the Arts, 349 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0468
Early Bird Tickets: $119 ends September 24, 2015
Purchase tickets at http://RippleAtlanta.eventbrite.com
In the spirit of Ideas Worth Spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
TEDxPeachtree, a 501(c)3 organization, seeks to develop and share a TED-like experience on a regional level by bringing together inspirational leaders, innovators, artists and entertainers in metro Atlanta. To date, three TEDxPeachtree speakers have been featured on TED.com. TEDxPeachtree is a community effort led by entrepreneur Jacqui Chew and an all-volunteer group of passionate individuals hailing from an eclectic mix of professions. For information about the conference, please visit www.tedxpeachtree.com.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or fewer) delivered by today's leading thinkers and doers. Many of these talks are given at TED's annual conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, and made available, free, on TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
TED's open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from thousands of volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed; the annual million-dollar TED Prize, which funds exceptional individuals with a "wish," or idea, to create change in the world; TEDx, which provides licenses to thousands of individuals and groups who host local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; and the TED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TEDTalks, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TED or Instagram at https://instagram.com/ted.
Contact Name: Jacqui Chew